2 replies to this topic

#1 Max Nachamkin

Max Nachamkin

• MD Customer
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm getting a client's site prepared for launch and I'm curious about the most effective methodology for image optimization.

They have AWS set up that hosts a lot of their images, so I was planning on putting the images on there and having them load through an external server.

One thing I noticed is that there's no External URL for Featured Images, like the headers on the pages. Is there currently a way to load those featured images from AWS? I tried this plugin with no luck (it's super bloaty anyways).

I also saw the MDTV episode on it as well which I'll implement for those images.

Other than that, is there anything else besides that I could be aware of?

Thanks,

Max

#2 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

Hey Max, if you use a cache plugin that has the capability to connect to a CDN this process can be very easy. If I remember correctly Amazon has a CDN service attached to it called Amazon CloudFront and that's what you can connect your site to. With a plugin to connect it to, it will automatically swap out image and resource URLs to Amazon. So you're still uploading everything to your site, but the CDN + plugin connection handles the external server stuff for you.

Edit: this seems to be a pretty good tutorial about CloudFront + CDN + WordPress if you haven't seen it.

- Alex
Check out the Kolakube blog or follow me on Twitter.

#3 Max Nachamkin

Max Nachamkin

• MD Customer
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Solid. Thanks Alex :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users