• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ivan Brezak Brkan

Ivan Brezak Brkan

• MD Customer
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

After testing the oustanding release of MD Pro Share I've thought about what essential future features would benefit most users, specifically in terms of using MD as a professional marketing theme - in particular when it comes to building landing pages.

An essential part of creating a great website is tracking where you're getting traffic from (sources, landing pages....) and improving your social media strategy based on. Am I getting a lot of views from Facebook, but more engagement from Twitter - or specifically more shares on one landing page or article when compared to the other.

MD Pro Share ft. Google Analytics UTM parameters

Having this in mind I believe that adding the possibility to add UTM parameters that Google Analytics can track would be a great addition. You can read more about UTM codes, but currently marketers use them to track different campaigns. For some of my own clients we add custom links to each post to be 100% sure the traffic they are getting to their landing pages is coming from a specific link / CTA in an article. :)

How could it work (and benefit users of MD)

Since UTM codes are basically nothing more than a set of strings added to a URL, the MD Pro Share variant could be a simple "URL generator" integrated into MD, but nicely in its interface. It would save a lot of time going to the UTM generator (also help us avoid human error) as well as automate it for specific articles?

How could this be implemented:

• Release 1: Site-wide possibility of UTM tagging links that are shared through (like site-wide CTAs)
  • Release 2: The possibility to customize UTM tagging for shares links for a particular page/cta (like the custom CTA)

Why would if benefit MD?

MD would be exposed to pro digital marketers who view UTM tagging as an essential part of their job, a whole new breed of audience for MD. Other plugins such as Social Pug regard this feature as so important they have it as part of their premium bundle.

Because of MD Pro Share's possibility to add custom links (etc.) it's would be even more useful to have this feature! :)

Just for context: My view comes from creating strategies and advising companies like T-Mobile, and currently Telecom Austria Group on the social media strategy, here in Europe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users