#1 Anwar

Anwar

Advanced Member

• MD Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hi Alex,

I was wondering what your opinion is on showing breadcrumbs in MD? Will it be a feature that could be set to on or off, or will you never offer it for some reason?

I'm searching through the MD resources alot and usually have like 5 tabs open so I can use code and other stuff to build my own custom site. I don't always understand how the content is structured and which page belongs to which page or post. 

When I'm using Genesis for my client websites I find breadcrumbs to make navigating through big sites much easier.

#2 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

Hey Anwar,

Great question! I think breadcrumbs are great and if the MD site were a little more complex (and the Main Menu wasn't so awesome) I'd most likely be using them. With your feedback though, I may have to revisit adding them back to the site.

I wouldn't add Breadcrumbs as a core MD feature because there are other plugins that handle it better and, frankly, a theme like MD shouldn't handle things like SEO tools (those Schema features are't really working out...)

Your post here has inspired me to do a new code snippet writeup showing you how to integrate Yoast SEO breadcrumbs into your theme: https://marketersdel...eo-breadcrumbs/

Hopefully this page will be open in yet another tab while you're working. :P Thanks for the question Anwar!

- Alex
Check out the Kolakube blog or follow me on Twitter.

#3 Anwar

Anwar

Advanced Member

• MD Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

Awesome!

Love the way you think. Keep MD 'basic' and just provide snippets so we can use Yoast SEO, which most of us are using anyway!

By the way:

For a one man band you provide feedback and solutions quicker than most big theme and plugins companies. 

Definitely a reason for me to use and recommend MD to others and to start using it more as a basis for client websites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users