Ray

Brooklyn's Finest

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:13 PM

Hey Alex,

Are you considering adding custom post types as an option for MD?

If not, is there any code I can use to enable this function in my post editor?

Thanks

I consult, create products and brainstorm all day

#2 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

Hey Ray, post types wouldn't be added as an option per se but are fairly simple to add in through a child theme.

For example, the new MDTV is really a custom post type I added to my Child Theme:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 6.27.51 PM.png   306.02KB   2 downloads

I intend on releasing this video template as a 'Drop-in', which is basically a file you can drop into your child theme and it will execute whatever scripts are in (it's pretty much ready). The custom post type code for the video library will be included as part of the Drop-in. no configuration needed.

But more on that later. :D

For now you can play around with this code, which I use on Kolakube to:

1. Register a Portfolio custom post type
  2. Add a category to the Portfolio custom post type

You can place the code on this page in your functions.php file:

https://marketersdel...stom-post-type/

After you save the code, go to Settings > Permalinks and save the permalinks. Otherwise, the URLs in your new post type won't work.

You can read more about registering post types here, I know the code above is a lot to take in at once: https://codex.wordpr..._type#Arguments

- Alex
Check out the Kolakube blog or follow me on Twitter.

#3 Ray

Ray

Brooklyn's Finest

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

I'm guessing that the video template (drop-in) can be edited to function as an image template/post type.

I don't need a portfolio post type right now but it's good to have this code for later. I may want to setup MD on about.raylosophy.com and use a portfolio.

Thanks.

I consult, create products and brainstorm all day

#4 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:14 AM

Yes, precisely. The post type code I pasted in the Snippet can be edited to be any post type as well.

• Ray likes this
- Alex
Check out the Kolakube blog or follow me on Twitter.

#5 Max Nachamkin

Max Nachamkin

• MD Customer
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:24 PM

Hey Ray, post types wouldn't be added as an option per se but are fairly simple to add in through a child theme.

For example, the new MDTV is really a custom post type I added to my Child Theme:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-10 at 6.27.51 PM.png

I intend on releasing this video template as a 'Drop-in', which is basically a file you can drop into your child theme and it will execute whatever scripts are in (it's pretty much ready). The custom post type code for the video library will be included as part of the Drop-in. no configuration needed.

But more on that later. :D

For now you can play around with this code, which I use on Kolakube to:

1. Register a Portfolio custom post type
  2. Add a category to the Portfolio custom post type

You can place the code on this page in your functions.php file:

https://marketersdel...stom-post-type/

After you save the code, go to Settings > Permalinks and save the permalinks. Otherwise, the URLs in your new post type won't work.

You can read more about registering post types here, I know the code above is a lot to take in at once: https://codex.wordpr..._type#Arguments

That's dope. Would love to learn how to create that type of custom menu in the WP interface.

• Ray likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users