Ray

Brooklyn's Finest

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

Hey everyone....

If you haven't already added the MD Popular Posts plugin to your MD site, you should.

Okay...so now that you have MD Popular Posts in your sidebar, what do you think about being able to add random posts, specific category posts, or featured posts to your sidebar?

Maybe you simply want to draw attention to some of your older posts because your readership wasn't as big (as it is now) when you initially published those articles.

Maybe you have an Internet Marketing blog and are about to launch a product on Instagram marketing...it would probably be beneficial to have all of your social media and/or Instagram focused articles listed in your sidebar.

We could always use the built-in Content Spotlight widget to add any page or post to any sidebar on a MD site, but the plugin would auto update based on your chosen criteria (featured, category, random, etc).

It looks like Alex and the Kolakube Labs are on fire right now so maybe we can get this premium featured added to the plugin. Maybe it can be offered as a pro version of the plugin? I'd gladly pay for this....who else is with me?

I consult, create products and brainstorm all day

#2 jablythe

jablythe

Advanced Member

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

I would!

• Ray likes this
Alex
Follow Me On Twitter! @DreamJobGuy
- "Do what you do best, the most!"

#3 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:10 AM

Not sure why I've never replied to this! I wrote it down and have been keeping the idea in the back of my mind. I'm excited to build a plugin like this and the Content Spotlight widget may be the key to doing it, like you mentioned...

Maybe you simply want to draw attention to some of your older posts because your readership wasn't as big (as it is now) when you initially published those articles.

As I'm going through the Kola site tonight I'm wishing for more tools that can help with exactly that. I'll post here when I make more progress—more feedback is encouraged from anybody reading this!

• Ray likes this
- Alex
Check out the Kolakube blog or follow me on Twitter.

#4 Mitchel van Duuren

Mitchel van Duuren

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:18 AM

Would love this! :-)

#5 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:59 PM

Bumped this up my list—will be a very fun drop-in to work on!

• Ray likes this
- Alex

#6 Mitchel van Duuren

Mitchel van Duuren

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:09 AM

I did my stuff manual, but would change it in a heartbeat for the plugin widget.

#7 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

I had a whiteboard session about this idea last night and have a clear idea of how it'll be built (it's so cool!!).

Mitch, do you have a link to the one you manually made? I'm sure I could draw inspiration from it and get a better understanding of how this kind of thing works in real life.

- Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users