• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

If you take a look at the widget at the top of the sidebar on Kolakube, you'll notice it looks a lot like a Content Spotlight widget.... just with a button. I think this would be a cool feature to have by default in the widget, but for now, you can paste this HTML into a text widget to make the same kind of box:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 5.24.13 PM.png   113.27KB   0 downloads

<a href="/md-popups/" class="box-dark block-double text-center caps no-border text-white mb-half" style="background-image: url('http://domain.com/image.png');">

<p class="small-title">Content Spotlight Title</small></p>

<span class="orange button">Click here to download</span>

</a>

<p class="text-center text-sec links-sec"><small>a small disclaimer message</small></p>

On the actual Kolakube site I executed an [md_popup] shortcode right in the text widget to make the button open a popup. Make sure you enabled shortcodes in widgets.

- Alex
Check out the Kolakube blog or follow me on Twitter.

#2 Cameron Adair

Cameron Adair

Advanced Member

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

Not sure if it was on my end or due to a new MD update but I've pasted an easy fix to the code below:

<div class="box-dark block-double text-center caps no-border text-white mb-half" style="background-image: url('http://domain.com');">

<small class="display-block mb-half">TEXT?</small>
	<p class="small-title">TEXT</small></p>
	<p><a href="#" class="red button">TEXT</a></p>
</div>

#3 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

Ah thanks for this! I made the mistake of placing a link inside of a link. I fixed my original post, but your code snippet is valuable as well if you don't want the entire box to be linked.

- Alex
Check out the Kolakube blog or follow me on Twitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users