Photo

[New Ideas] - Email Opt-In Exit Intent, Popup Modals, Etc..

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

Getting close, made a lot of progress tonight on some crucial last details. If you've already bought the upgrade, expect a stable version very shortly...

- Alex
Check out the Kolakube blog or follow me on Twitter.

#62 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

Just wanted to quietly note here I'm rolling MD Popups out onto the Kolakube site as well as your downloads area. If you purchased the upgrade, you should be able to download the plugin as well as your license key from your account!

Go get it!

IMPORTANT: Make sure you upgrade both the MD Plugin and Theme to the new version 4.3.4 BEFORE installing MD Popups!

NOTE: There are still some minor glitches with the Live Preview, mainly the email form display settings. All of your settings will work, they just may not always be perfectly represented in the preview. If you run into what you suspect to be a glitch, save your popup and refresh to fix. Sorry for the inconvenience!

- Alex

#63 Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• MD Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

I downloaded and installed it. I will take a closer look over the next week at this. Can't wait to get it working.

One thing, I see options for exit intent or a pop-up. How about a button like you had with the example on your blog. It is late, and I was working on page titles all day (and went out for wings and beers after work) so it possible I am missing something. 

Congrats on the first addon....can't wait to see the next feature!

#64 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

Awesome, can't wait to see what you make with it.

To make a popup trigger on the click of a text link, button, or image, see the [md_popup] shortcode: https://kolakube.com...ps-on-your-site

I just came back from wings and beer myself, but this should help you out. :D

- Alex

#65 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

Sent out a quick update to prevent custom form codes from stripping, go update the plugin if this has been bothering you!

- Alex

#66 Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• MD Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

Alex, this is awesome. I love that I can design my own with with html. I am definitely going to utilize that!

I am having one problem though, I can't get the name field to show. I have 'Ask for subscribers name in signup form' checkmarked but it isn't showing in the builder.  All I have is the email field. 

One thing to note for anyone using AWeber....

Since this connects via API, a confirmation email will be sent to anyone that subscribes even if you have confirmation setting turned off. You can contact AWeber and have them turn this off. It is a personal preference for me not to use double-optin because it ads another layer/roadblock to the subscription process and is known to decrease subscriptions. 

#67 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

That's one of the little bugs I was referring to in the post above. The name option does work, it just doesn't always show on the preview. If you check the option, save, then refresh the builder, the control will apply to your site. In spite of any glitches in the preview, always save any option and the changes will show on your live site or after a refresh. Still working out some of these bugs!

I wonder if there's a way to disable the double-optin through the API, I imagine that's a pretty big feature many people would want from them.

- Alex

#68 Brad

Brad

Advanced Member

• MD Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

Gotcha Alex, I was just playing around with it so didn't set anything live. I'm going to take a day and make new landing pages and such to replace my landing pages made via LeadPages.

As for AWeber, the only way is for them to do it. I had to do it a coupe years ago and recently with another client. But there must be something because it wasn't a problem with LeadPages. Not sure if it has something to do with you associated with a particular form of a list, but it wasn't an issue with LB.

Being able to accociate with a particular form was nice for tracking purposes. I have forms for sidebar, homepage, blog posts, exit and pop-up. This way I know what is and isn't working for converting visitors to subscribers. I also have goal conversions set up inside GA. But, I guess I could simply set up event tracking for each pop-up. I'll have to think of this a little more because I track a lot of different things so I can optimize the site, user engagement and conversions.

Anyways, very impressed with the add on.keep up the good work!

#69 frankbruining

frankbruining

• MD Customer
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:10 PM

Impressed Alex! You are truly a genius at work. Although my website is in Dutch, you can take a look at http://frankbruining.com/(personal blogposts)

I'm leaving Leadpages and playing with widgets. Love the [shortcode] option. I'm even testing it in the menu :-)

After 'rebuilding' this site, I will probably look at http://modernsjamanisme.nlwhich is my main source of income. With this landingpage I have 43% conversion... and it's for a free online course. My goal is to rebuild this with MD and start blogging on this site (also or in stead of my personal blog). And leaving Optimizepress because it really slows down my site.

So I will keep you informed.

Thanks for building MD!

Frank

#70 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

Frank, this is cool! For one of the first times ever I'm glad to see some popups show up a website! It looks like you have a pretty good grip of the controls—really liking your 2-step optin!

I have an update to MD planned that will add tighter integration and let you trigger popups from menus, Page Leads, even some widgets!

Anxious to see how MD impacts your site once you switch over. I know your site will load a lot faster and you'll be able to do more with less. Keep us updated!

- Alex

#71 frankbruining

frankbruining

• MD Customer
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:23 AM

Transferring slowly from OP2 to MD4

See old http://modernsjamanisme.nl/

See new http://modernsjamani...istisch-geheim/

LP is set. Maybe some new photo's and trying to get the video right.

Next weeks starting to transfer online courses. But that will take some time because I have to change a lot of the content

Will keep you posted. (it's all in dutch, but it's really all the same old...)

Frank

#72 Alex

Alex

Kolakube Staff

• Kolakube Admin
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

Transferring slowly from OP2 to MD4

See old http://modernsjamanisme.nl/

See new http://modernsjamani...istisch-geheim/

LP is set. Maybe some new photo's and trying to get the video right.

Next weeks starting to transfer online courses. But that will take some time because I have to change a lot of the content

Will keep you posted. (it's all in dutch, but it's really all the same old...)

Frank

Looking great! I think you have a winner with your existing photo and respect your commitment to updating your content! That's not one of the best jobs but sometimes it has to be done. :D

- Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users