#1 relosmot

relosmot

Advanced Member

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Still a bit of a work in progress but my new site is: WordPress Super Styles Plugin

This site was built on MD2 for my upcoming WordPress plugin launch. The plugin is called WP Super Styles and it allows users to create custom graphic styles (buttons, boxes, testimonials, icon lists), email opt-in forms, custom sales pages & custom squeeze pages.

I am still working on creating some of the documentation & support pages but I will have the website open and the plugin available for a short time (at a discount price of $17) while I finish the my last steps.

Been working hard on this and I would love any input you all may have or recommendations to make the site better.
I'm Tom. My Work: Webpage Journey

#2 Erica Franz

Erica Franz

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Really cool, like the "super" theme and naming of your plugins. :) Great use of the MD2 skin!

Fat Pony Web Design - powered by WordPress + Thesis + MD3.

My Goal in Design = Beauty + Simplicity + Functionality + Usability.

#3 Guest_beepee_*

Guest_beepee_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Wow, it looks absolutely fantastic!!

Really impressive work - it's incredible how much you have tweaked it! Your plug in's look quite sharp too!

I'm very new to the theme and very overwhelmed so I'm extremely impressed by your massive efforts with customising!

Would you mind sharing how you just got the Super Styles Offers Point & Click Styling Elements, Landing Pages & Optin Forms line below header area? I really like that!

#4 relosmot

relosmot

Advanced Member

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Thank you both so much for the kind words.

I really appreciate you both taking the time to check out my work and leave your comments!

@beepee - What exactly do you mean by the line below the header area? If you are referring to the way the header is broken up from the feature box, I did this by using inset shadow CSS, the code is below:

.custom #header_area {
background: none;
box-shadow: inset 0px -3px 2px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2);
-moz-box-shadow: inset 0px -3px 2px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2);
-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0px -3px 2px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2);
}

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, don't hesitate to message me or leave a comment!

#5 Guest_beepee_*

Guest_beepee_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Thank you for the inspiration :D

Apologies for the confusion, I just meant how did you get the horizontal line + text Super Styles Offers Point & Click Styling Elements, Landing Pages & Optin Forms I'm very new to thesis and this incredible theme!! All is a tad overwhelming atm :mellow:

But seeing your website is inspiring good sir!

#6 relosmot

relosmot

Advanced Member

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

Ahhhhh, I see what you are talking about now. Lemme help you out.

To create the additional feature box, add the code below to your custom_functions.php file:

You can use "if (is_page(array('...','...')))" add the feature box to whatever pages you like or you can use "if (is_home())" to add the box to your homepage only.

// ADDITIONAL FEATURE BOX
function second_feature_area() {
if (is_page(array('pg#','pg#'))) { ?>
<div class="feature_box_lead full_width feature_dark_home" id="lead_area">
  <div class="page">
   <div id="feature_box">
			<div class="format_text">
				 <p style="ADD YOUR HTML STYLES HERE">THIS IS THE CONTENT YOU WILL WRITE TO SHOW UP IN YOUR NEW BOX</p>
			</div>
   </div>
  </div>
</div>
<?php } }
add_action('thesis_hook_before_content_area','second_feature_area');

Now for the CSS to go along with it: Grab the code you find below and add it to your custom.css file.

I just copied the colors, padding, & shadow from my site to give you an example. You can tweak things however you want them to look.

.custom .feature_dark_home {
        background: #6C7177;
        padding: 15px 0 0;
        box-shadow: inset 0 3px 3px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2), inset 0 -3px 3px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2);
       -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 3px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2), inset 0 -3px 3px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2);
       -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 3px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2), inset 0 -3px 3px rgba(26, 30, 34, 0.2);
}

This should work for ya. If there are any problems with the code lemme know, I will take a closer look but I think you should be fine.

Thanks again for taking the time to check out my work and give me your comments & praise. It really means a lot to me.

Best of luck with your work and lemme know if there is anything else you would like help with.

-Tom

#7 Guest_beepee_*

Guest_beepee_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Wow, really appreciate your extensive reply, I would be sweet with doing that, big thanks again for the great reply.

I'm unable to locate the custom_functions.php file though?

In the folder thesis I only have three folders (boxes, packages & skins) no custom?

Apologies and thanks :)

#8 relosmot

relosmot

Advanced Member

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

My friend,

It sounds like you are working with the Marketers Delight 3 skin. WP Super Styles was built using the Marketers Delight 2 skin and Thesis version 1.8.5.

The DIYThemes (Thesis) update from v1.8.5 to v2.0 was a complete rehaul of the way Thesis framework is used.

In order to use the code above (as is) it would require the use of Marketers Delight 2 and Thesis v1.8.5.

Sorry about that, I shoulda asked you which version of Thesis you were rockin.

Personally, I am a bigger fan of Thesis 1.8.5 in some ways because I find the v2.0 framework to be more tedious with its endless tab-box settings.

#9 justincaron

justincaron

Advanced Member

• + Legacy Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

looks great, it's laid out very well

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: md2

0 user(s) are reading this topic